The Archangel Cup Tournament
The Archangel Cup Tournament (now in our 16th year) is an annual tradition between the St. Michaels Soccer Club and Maple Leaf Soccer Club and provides players and teams an opportunity for interleague play and to face opponents they would not face during the regular season. All teams are entered into the tournament as part of their registration. (not applicable for 2021 Outdoor season)
ARCHANGEL CUP FINALS
Please see below the matchups for Division A and B finals on Saturday September 21 at Coppard Park in Markham. If the game is tied after regulation, there will be 2 x 10 minute golden goal periods. If still tied, penalty kicks will determine the Tournament Champions. Good luck to all teams!
FIRST ROUND RESULTS
- One team will advance per group.
- If a team doesn't have 7 players dressed on the field 5 minutes past the scheduled start time for a 45 minute game or 10 minutes past the scheduled start time for a 90 minute game, the game will be defaulted and the score will be recorded 2-0.
- If the score is tied after regulation time (45 min/90 min), games will to straight to penalty kicks. Only players on the field at the end of regulation time will be eligible to take penalty kicks.
- There will be 5 penalty kicks for each team.
- If the score after regulation is 1-1 and the penalty kick result is 3-2 the final score of the game will be recorded as 2-1.
- Teams will be given 3 points for a win in regulation time, 2 points for a win after penalty kicks and 0 points for a loss.
- If teams are tied in points after the round robin, teams will be ranked on head to head matchups.
- If teams are still tied, teams will be ranked on goal differential.
- If teams are still tied, teams will be ranked by goals scored.
- If teams are still tied, all teams in the group will take penalty kicks against each other to determine who will advance to the next round.
- Teams advancing to the second round will have games scheduled later in the season - times TBA